This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you will be controlled and processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This policy was last reviewed on 18th May 2018.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal data from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (www.thisisparagon.co.uk).
- If you contact us via phone, email or face to face, we may keep a record of that correspondence and your contact details. We may use these contact details in order to contact you in the future.
- As per Google tracking, we will also be aware of details to your visits to our site including, but not limited to, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to our site, products you viewed/ searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and any phone number used to call our office.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We do not store this information on our system.
How we use your personal data
Paragon is compliant with the General Data Protection Act 2018, which came into play on 25th May 2018. As such, we will only store and process your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform elements to the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you. Examples include, but are not limited to, delivering tickets or itinerary information, contacting you about event specific information, passing on your details to third parties such as booking agents, airlines, accommodation and other necessary facility management.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and what we interpret to be your interests, and where fundamental rights do not override those legitimate interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal, statutory or regulatory obligation.
- Where we have your express consent to use your personal data for a specific purpose confirmed in that express consent.
Paragon strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We may collect and process your identity, contact, personal and technical data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This information will not be given to third parties, unless directly relevant to the transaction in process or unless explicit consent has been secured.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or by following the opt-out links/ processes on any marketing message sent to you. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of any sort of transaction that we have undertaken with you and which we are entitled by law to keep for durations determined by statute and the common law.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure systems. Please be aware that the transmission of any information via the internet and email is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site.
Once we have received your information, we use encrypted software & internal procedures to limit access to your personal data strictly to those employees, agents, contractors and/or other third parties on a need to know basis, in order to fulfil the transaction/ request. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it; including for the purposes of any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements following its legitimate use. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process your personal data (and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means) and any applicable legal requirements. Although you can ask us to delete your data at any time, we may be required to retain some aspects of your data to meet with our own legal, accounting or reporting obligations to which we are subject. This does not impact your right to be removed from any sales or marketing lists and correspondence.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on to your computer’s hard drive by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
Most web browsers allow some user control of most cookies through the browser settings. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
Please note that our site may contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Right to Access
You can request to access, correct or erase your personal data at any time under data protection laws. This access request may be subject to an administration charge, to meet our costs in providing this service.