1. What is the dress code?
The dress code for men is Lounge Suits which is described as ‘a man’s suit consisting of a matching jacket and trousers, worn during the day, especially in the workplace’. For women, a smart dress will suffice.
2. Where is Lord’s Cricket Ground located?
Lord’s Cricket Ground is located in St John’s Wood. Post code NW8 8QN.
3. What is the best way for me to get to the ground?
• Tube – Lord’s cricket ground is a 7 minute walk from St John’s Wood underground station. If you are coming from the city the best route is from Bank station on the central line to Bond Street and then changing for the Jubilee Line to St John’s Wood.
The stations below are all within a short walk to the Ground:
Baker Street – Bakerloo, Circle, Jubilee, Metropolitan, Hammersmith & City lines (15 mins)
Warwick Avenue – Bakerloo line (10 mins)
Marylebone – Bakerloo line (10 mins)
Edgware Road – Bakerloo, Circle, District and Hammersmith & City lines (15 mins)
• Car – Lord’s Cricket Ground is located just 6 miles away from the M1 and 1.5 miles from Marble Arch. The M40 and M4 are also close by.
• Train – The closest train station from the Ground is Marylebone which is served by Chiltern Railways. Marylebone station is a ten minutes’ walk from the ground.
• Bus – There are several bus lines which serve Lord’s. On the east of the Ground, buses 13, 82 and 113 run adjacent to the Ground on Wellington Road. Stopping closer to the North and East Gates and in walking distance to the Grace Gate. On the west of the Ground, buses 139 and 189 run adjacent to the Ground on Grove End Road. Stopping closest to the Grace Gate and in walking distance to the East and North Gates.
VIP guests should access the grounds via the Grace Gate.
Other guests should access the grounds via the North Gate.
Both are pictured below with a gold star next to them.
4. Is there car parking available?
Unfortunately there is no parking available for the event this year as it is a match-day at Lord’s.
5. What are the event timings?
Please note all timings are subject to change:
Drinks Reception: 6.15pm
Dinner Call: 7.00pm
Dinner Served: 7.15pm
6. When will I receive my tickets?
All event documentation is sent 7 to 10 days prior the event.
7. What celebrities will be attending?
The quiz will be hosting by the legendary duo Phil Tufnell and Matt Dawson. Previous celebrities have included; Alastair Cook, Jason Roy, David Willey, Devon Malcolm, Angus Fraser, Shaun Udal, Owais Shah, Chris Tremlett and John Emburey.
8. What is the menu?
The menu will be a gourmet three course meal including after dinner tea, coffee and petit fours.
9. What drinks are included in the package?
Champagne drinks reception, half a bottle of wine per person and 10 bottles of beer per table. Waiters are available throughout the evening should guests require any further drinks.
10. Are there any hotels close to Lord’s Cricket Ground?
Danibus Hotel Regents Park – 6 minute walk
Comfort Inn Edware Road W2 – 19 minute walk or 5 minute drive
The Warrington Hotel – 16 minute walk or 7 minute drive
Park Avenue Baker Street – 18 minute walk or 3 minute drive